1. Cucumbers – vitamin C, A and some fiber. the cucumber is the ideal substitute for crackers when scooping humus.
2. Grapefruit – A Breakfast side, or salad topping. It has been known to reduce insulin levels.
3. Lentils – Lots of fiber, folate and magnesium. Lentils are a great substitute for meat.
4. Oats – high in fiber, help you feel satisfied and full. Steel cut oats in the morning for breakfast. Instead of adding raw table sugar or sweeteners try a teaspoon of peanut butter.
5. Apples can satisfy sugar cravings with less calories.
6. Hard Boiled Eggs – 1 egg 72 calories, 6-10g protein, and nearly every essential vitamin you need. Portable, quick snack.